“I am always surprised at the results of our poll and this year is no exception,” said Dr. Gary Cass of DefendChristians.Org. “The fact the number one and number two issues are public policy and political in nature shows Christians are very concerned about the political direction of the country. I wouldn’t be surprised if this translates into a strong political response in 2012.”
These results do not necessarily represent the views or priorities of DefendChristians.org. They are a measure of the opinions of a cross-section of subscribers who responded to our online poll.
The Top Ten Anti-Christian Events in 2011
9) In Franklin Massachusetts a pro-life man was beat by the police for peacefully handing out pro-life materials. The police accused him of conspiring to plant bombs.
8) A Christian man in Minnesota was fired from his job because one of his female co-workers attended a Bible Study that his wife lead.
7) A Christian Florida teacher was suspended after school administrators discovered his support of traditional marriage posted on the internet.
6) In Kalispell Montana, pro-lifers were attacked by a fire-bomb during a prayer vigil in front of an abortion clinic. No one was hurt, but a police officer remarked pro-lifers should expect this sort of reaction to their activities.
5) Because of a complaint filed by the ACLU, the liberal 9th Circuit Court ruled that the Mt. Soledad War Memorial in San Diego was unconstitutional.
4) A homosexual activist effort caused investigations by the online money-transfer company, PayPal, against pro-family Christian organizations.
3) A Bible study was shut down by San Juan Capistrano, CA officials who claimed the group needed a permit because it posed a risk to public safety and health.
2) President Obama declared June “Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Pride Month” and hosted a White House celebration by homosexuals.
1) California Governor Jerry Brown signs a bill forcing public school curriculum and textbooks to “celebrate” homosexuals, transgenders and bisexuals.